03 January 2008

In the words of Kermit the Frog

"It's ok. Life is made up of meetings and partings. That is the way of it." ~Kermit the Frog as Bob Cratchit in The Muppets' Christmas Carol

One of my dearests passed away yesterday. She had been dealing with congestive heart failure for a long while, but it was a surprise when she actually passed away. I think my congregation is just in shock.

She had long told me that she was looking forward to going to heaven. She always said it with a huge smile on her face. And most everyone I've talked to talks about her return Home. But her family and friends and her church family will just ACHE with her loss. She was one of the kindest, sweetest, most selfless people ever and such a gift to all of us. It's always difficult to part with such dear ones.


And today I started this post in the wee hours of the morning waiting for my godson to arrive to spend a few days with us while his little sister (and our goddaughter) made her way into the world. This evening she arrived safely. And tomorrow we will meet little Caitlin Elyse and welcome this little gift into the world.

Partings. Meetings. Meetings. Partings.

That is, indeed, the way of it.

4 comments:

emily freeman said...

Who knew Kermit the Frog had so much wisdom? I wandered in through Pioneer Woman...this was a beautiful post.

Andrea said...

Sorry to hear of your dear friend passing. It is the way of life, we come and we go. Congrats on your God daughter being born. How precious.

Thank you for the comment on my blog - I am going to look into the book you mentioned. We are doing a lot better than we did before. I limited TV pretty much completely during the day (during the week), except on those occasional days,and we get to watch a movie for a nap. Still haven't mastered the nap yet. LOL! Thanks again for thinking of me with the book.

Jan said...

Yes, it is hard to lose a dear friend. I'm sorry for your loss. Thank you for reflecting.

Anonymous said...

April, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. Your words - your post are a glorious and beautiful tribute to her character.

You are so gifted with words, my friend.

~Dawn C