10 September 2007

Under the knife again

Tomorrow at 4 a.m., Dennis and I will leave for Rockford Memorial Hospital where I will undergo the, hopefully, last procedure on my wrist from the accident that occurred almost a year ago.
The procedure will be an iliac crest bone graft. The surgeons will take a 2x3 inch piece of my iliac crest ("hip bone" for we lay persons), will remove the antibiotic beads currently hanging out in my wrist and will reconstruct the 17 breaks with pins, titanium plates and pieces of the harvested bone.
After that, I'll be in a splint for 10 days and then a long-arm cast to prevent rotation for 6 weeks. But, hopefully, (please, please, please, PLEASE, God) I will be on the road to recovery. Because the next option would be a bone replacement with a steel rod. And I don't even get a hook if I have to do that.
So. I won't be blogging for a while, though I might invite a guest in occasionally. Or a peon to transcribe for me as I dictate.
And, of course, prayers for my poor wrist and my longsuffering husband and children would be thankfully received.

8 comments:

Pink Shoes said...

Prayers for you and all who will care for you.

more cows than people said...

certainly praying. (((april)))

j said...

praying...praying...praying...

((((april))))

Amy said...

God's peace and comfort be with you, dear April ()

And with your family.

Anonymous said...

Hey, gorgeous! Prayed for ya'll today and hope every detail went SO smoothly!
Praying for a quick recovery and GOOD rest & recuperation!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, April. Hope all went well. love, Valerie

Jim and Amy Rennie said...

Praying for all of you. :)

Amalee Issa said...

Ouch. I hope you're over the surgery and on the final road to full recovery April. And all these major privations, like not being able to eat a bag of crisps as you drive the car, or text furiously with both thumbs, or scratch the bit of your arm thats under the pot, or even take control of the remote (everyone knows in a family you need one hand to hold it, and one hand to fight off everyone else trying to grab it), will eventually pass. Prayers for a safe and swift recovery coming your way from sunny Derbyshire.

amalee