03 September 2007

Seriously the best family EVER

Apologies to those of you who also have great families, but right now I am fairly convinced that mine is the best ever. Of all time. Anywhere. In the whole world.

We have spent a great couple of days with the fam in Keokuk, Iowa where my sistah, Marissa, married my new bro-in-law, Geoff, and oh my goodness, are we all tired!! It was non-stop from Friday evening to Sunday brunch and every minute of it was just wonderful. My FreeSpirit Uncle, Dad's brother, and Sassy Aunt and Mason-Dixon cousin who live in Arkansas were there. My dad's sister, Sublime Aunt, and her family -- uncle and three cousins and cousin #1's girlfriend came down from Chicago. Roo's childhood best friend came from Minnesota. My grandparents, sistahs, brother in law, the nieces and nephew, the dogs... all were there. We were missing my great-aunt and her daughter. But we all had a great time. We traipsed around the hotel, mostly on one floor we all shared. We laughed. We danced. We talked. We laughed. We ate. We sang. We laughed. We swam. We ate again. We laughed some more.

One of the coolest things about the weekend, aside from the word-for-word recitation of Ice, Ice Baby by my new brother-in-law at the reception, and aside from the family spending all of our time just together, was that my grandparents' 61st wedding anniversary was the day before Geoff and Roo's wedding. That was a neat juxtaposition in my mind. New love. Enduring love. Because of the way Grammy and Pa have endured, the new is possible and welcomed in the most wonderful ways. Lovely.

Ok, family. Not very good pics follow. Apologies for the red eye. Right click on the picture and choose save if you want a copy. Love you!

2 comments:

more cows than people said...

Yay for y'all!

You look like a very happy crowd.

musicmommy3 said...

Glad that you had so much fun!! One of my posts for today, "Food for Thought" was an illustration I thought you might find interesting.

Pop over if you have time. :):)