10 January 2009

Let the little ones come

One of my Christmas presents from Dennis this year was a statue of Jesus, Mary and Joseph, purchased early in the season, right after Thanksgiving. It sat on the library table in the foyer all during Advent. Last week we began taking Christmas decorations down. Around that time, a little piece of some sort of foam packing material kept appearing on the statue. Everytime I saw it, I took it off.

The statue is still up and yesterday, as I was sitting at the table, Annalivia came over, pulled up a chair and put the piece of packing material back on baby Jesus, all the while murmuring loving words about him and his blankie. It seems obvious now. I don't know why I didn't see it before.

The statue has been a great gift for all of us. Both of the kids love to look at the family. Daniel often stands there saying "Ohhhhh, Baby Jesus..." while he strokes Mary's robe.

"But Jesus said, Let the little ones come to me, and do not keep them away: for of such is the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 19:14

1 comment:

Cara said...

Kids are just precious :)