14 February 2007

And again and again and again...


It is Valentine's Day and since the tulips from Daniel's birth are still fresh on the table, I am not expecting any flowers today. And since we've been snowed in, I don't expect a card either. And I don't think massages or pedicures will be on the table, though I've been surprised before...
The truth is, Dennis has demonstrated his deep love for me and our children a thousand ways today already and it's only 10 a.m. This Valentine's Day -- regardless of flowers or cards or anything else, I feel more loved than ever.
I've stated it before, and could say it every moment of every day for as long as I live and still leave it underemphasized -- the fact that this man has chosen to love me is the greatest blessing I've ever received. Thank you, sweetheart, for this gift. I love you. Happy Valentine's Day.

If ever two were one, then surely we.
If ever man were lov'd by wife, then thee.
If ever wife was happy in a man,
Compare with me, ye women, if you can.
I prize thy love more than whole Mines of gold,
Or all the riches that the East doth hold.
My love is such that Rivers cannot quench,
Nor ought but love from thee give recompense.
Thy love is such I can in no way repay;
The heavens reward thee manifold I pray.
Then while we live, in love lets so persever,
That when we live no more, we may live ever.
~Anne Bradstreet

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is sweet. Hope you have a wonderful valentine's day, even while snowed in.

Crystal Starr said...

This was beautiful April!!

The Passarelli's said...

It is so refreshing to see a couple so in love as Wendy and I were.

Beautiful April!