04 May 2007

The Dark is Rising

The Dark is Rising is one of my all-time favorite juvenile book series. It's hardly exclusive to youth, like all good juvenile books. In fact, I re-read it last summer when I was first pregnant with Daniel and on the couch non-stop.
I just read that The Dark is Rising has been made into a movie of the same name and will be released in fall of 2007. I'm looking forward to seeing how it has been adapted for screen. It looks like it is being directed by a Hollywood outsider and filled with a cast of Brits, so I'm hopeful. It could be a very good movie.

3 comments:

Jim and Amy Rennie said...

I LOVE The Dark is Rising series too! :) I still read them again and again. That Jim vacationed yearly in Cornwall up until moving here makes it all the more exciting. I have read some pros and cons for the upcoming movie, but I'm scared because I read there's a lot of changes in plot and character. You never know, though. I'll reserve judgment until I see it.

Jim and Amy Rennie said...

April . . .oh, no. I just looked at the message boards about this movie, and they have made the family American. :(

April said...

Oh, ugh. I was so excited because Norfolk from Elizabeth is going to be the Rider. Handsome Norfolk. He'll be a great rider, I think. But now I'm kind of nervous, too. I love that the books are such a mix full of such tension between dark and light. I don't see how they would capture that on film. But, too, will reserve judgment.