03 November 2008

A month-ish of thanks

There are only 25 days until Thanksgiving! Every year, I find myself at Thanksgiving's door wishing I had spent more time being aware of all the blessings of life. I often read Ann V.'s gratitude lists at her blog and feel inspired to join in, but tend not to move forward in a concrete way. This is the year of changes, however, and I feel the need to reflect on what is and has been and is to come with gratitude. So, I'm going to fill my blog with my thankful lists during November, hopefully every day. If you find lists difficult to read, (I confess, I do, sometimes) I apologize. And if any of you decide to do the same at your spots, please let me know. I'd love to stop by. And I promise I'll read your lists. :)

  1. I am thankful for the time change that had everyone in the house up and ready to leave for preschool with plenty of time to have breakfast and enjoy our walk.
  2. I am thankful for the walk to the school that forces me to have a little exercise and allows Daniel to look at the big trucks zooming by on Main Street.
  3. I am thankful for the way Annalivia points out the trucks to her little brother and is excited by his reactions.
  4. I am thankful for the money to buy bright red mary janes for her little feet.
  5. I am thankful that Annalivia generally doesn't argue about what she should wear to school or church or out and about.
  6. I am thankful for Annalivia's teachers.
  7. I am thankful that she enjoys and looks forward to school.
  8. I am thankful for enthusiastic stories.
  9. I am thankful for full-body motions to accompany narrations.
  10. I am thankful for her vivid imagination.
  11. I am thankful for a good night's sleep -- early to bed and no children interrupting.
  12. I am thankful for little and big kicks from the baby, even when on a full bladder.
  13. I am thankful for this beautiful house to live in.
  14. I am thankful for cheap rent.
  15. I am thankful for a porch to enjoy.
  16. I am thankful for comfy porch furniture.
  17. I am thankful for Portia, our guard pig and the fact that our children love her, too.
  18. I am thankful for a sweet neighbor.
  19. I am thankful for a good, reliable van to drive.
  20. I am thankful for preschool papers and Thomas coloring books.
  21. I am thankful for the high school marching band that played us home almost every day of September and October.
  22. I am thankful that Annalivia and Daniel like to sing.
  23. I am thankful that they both like to sing by themselves and with each other.
  24. I am thankful that there is homemade bread leftover from yesterday's potluck.
  25. I am thankful that there is still plenty of Lillia's apple butter.
  26. I am thankful that Daniel likes to play with his trains by himself.
  27. I am thankful that he knows how to ask for help when he needs it.
  28. I am thankful that he has room/s to play.
  29. I am thankful for the train table that provides so much fun.
  30. I am thankful for books that entertain, too.
  31. I am thankful that my children climb up on my lap when they "need some love".
  32. I am thankful that they think it is hilarious when we play the same games again and again.
  33. I am thankful that I am here right now.
  34. I am thankful that I am not worried about whether I've not done something for my job.
  35. I am thankful for a husband that is ok with me being with our children.
  36. I am thankful for a husband who does laundry and dishes without complaint.
  37. I am thankful that we live in a time when our water is heated automatically.
  38. I am thankful for such miracles as a washing machine and dryer and laundry soap.
  39. I am thankful for such treats as good-smelling fabric softener and cleaning supplies.
  40. I am thankful for time to reflect on those things for which I am thankful.

No comments: