01 December 2009

December 1: Gifting

As I think I've mentioned before, one of the things I truly love and appreciate about my family is that handmade gifts are encouraged and treasured. Christmas is not really about The Getting for us. We've realized along the way that The Giving is the real joy and it really is so much fun to think about what to give to loved ones, especially when creating presents from scratch. I think about the things that have been made for us -- baby blankets and ornaments and clothing and jewelry -- all of these handmade treasures always top items that are purchased. So I'm working hard today on handmade gifts. It's such fun work!

December Photo Project
If you'd like to see more photos in the December photo project, start here.

1 comment:

no longer working said...

I am trying to make fingerless gloves for my sister-in-law this year. I hope I get them done in time. Not much time left.