04 January 2010

Some resolutions

I like the New Year. It's a good time to pause, reflect, and challenge. I also like new year's resolutions. It's nice to think about the new year ahead in positive, sometimes audacious, terms.
So here are some of my thoughts on 1o things I'd like to accomplish during 2010:
  1. Read the Bible every day.
  2. Read through the Bible this year.
  3. Discipline my speech.
  4. Be intentional about teaching the kids.
  5. Get rid of 75% of our stuff. Literally.
  6. Eat better and move more.
  7. Be more fiscally proactive.
  8. Move into the new house.
  9. Make time for creativity.
  10. Sing more.

I think everything here is doable. We'll see.

4 comments:

Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

This sounds perfect.
Doable.
Grace!

Blessings on your new year, April...

And may I just whisper:

The note you left at Anna's about the suitcase? And our soul mate's helping us to carry the suitcase? Soul-achingly beautiful truth.

Thank you for your seeing eyes.

I send more love than these words can hold.

All's grace,
Ann

April said...

Thank you, Ann. Blessing upon blessing on your new year, too...

renee @ FIMBY said...

Wow, you've got a big year ahead of you! Like your new background by the way, very seasonal.

April said...

Thanks, Renee.

I'm chronically over-extending, even when resolut-ing. It's a special gift, I have. ;)