23 February 2010

Whatsoever things are NOBLE

The Greek word translated "noble" in the NIV means "worthy of respect". Here are those things on which we will be thinking today...

1. God is Creator of the universe "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth" Gen 1.1

2. God is Creator of me "For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb." Ps. 139

3. Jesus defeated death "For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death has no mastery over him." Romans 6:9

4. Jesus died for us. "For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God." 1 Peter 3:18

5. Jesus creates us anew "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Cor. 5:17

3 comments:

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarah S-D said...

I'm impressed that you're coming up with verses of scripture and totally theocentric thoughts. I'm thinking of experiences. I found noble challenging... but I came up with 5. And now on to right...

April said...

The scripture and the theocentric thoughts are an ongoing attempt to think less about ourselves in our prayers lives and more about God. We just find that our prayers tend to be so "me"-centered, you know? We've been trying to be better about that in our prayer time together as a couple and individually, too.

And, honestly, finding the scripture is fun. We are using only those we've thought of off the top of our heads (as opposed to flipping around finding "good ones"). It took us a LONG time to come up with scriptures for right/ righteousness. But it was fun to think of them together.

I'm glad you're doing this, Sarah! :)