I do love this third child of mine. She is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. Big brown eyes. Hilarious expressions. Engaging laughter and mannerisms. She's adorable.
Emmeliese loves to be in the thick of whatever is going on with her siblings. She won't stand for being left out of some activity; she inserts herself into the center of the action. She tends to want to play with whatever is being played-with, draw with whatever is being drawn-with, eat whatever is being eaten, go wherever others are going, do whatever others are doing.
- Eat cereal with spoon until cereal is below milk level and spoon is on floor.
- Proceed to eat cereal with hand.
-Wipe hand on hair and table.
- Get down from table.
- Find orange crayon near table.
- Draw circles on the wall nearest table.
- Notice Mommy noticing the drawing on the wall.
- Move to the kitchen, out of Mommy's eyesight to draw on drawers there.
- Discover alphabet magnets on fridge.
- Get into lower cabinets to find the perfect carrying container for magnets.
- Leave rejected receptacles of pyrex and cooking sheets on the floor.
- Carry magnets into living room.
- Dump magnets on floor.
- Pick up magnets one at a time and place in VCR slot of tv.
- Move to library when Grandma is alerted to presence of magnets on tv.
- Find wooden lacing beads in box.
- Pull off of shelf
- Take beads out of box and attempt to string on shoestring.
- Scream loudly when frustrated with attempted lacing.
- Watch Grandma and Daniel trying to put together a puzzle.
- Dump other puzzle pieces into Grandma and Daniel's stack.
- Move to books on shelves.
- Climb up one shelf of books to reach pop-up book about fairies.
- Read pop-up book.
- Decide pop-up book should be dismantled.
- Act dismayed and cry when Mommy takes book away.
- Find Daniel's birthday card on floor.
- Run around with card, screaming when Daniel gets close enough to grab card.
- Rip top off of card.
- Cry when Daniel takes card back and says, "NO, BABY!!"
- Go to Mommy to report Daniel's behavior.
I suppose one could get pretty upset or exasperated by this crazy kid. But for some reason, this stuff doesn't much bother me, her daddy, or her older brother and sister. They get annoyed with her but all is erased when she runs up to them to offer a kiss and a hug.
And cute goes a long way around here. Happy birthday, sweet little E!!