05 June 2008

There is a balm...

...and it might be on the internet. Thanks so much, all of you -- those who commented, emailed or called re: my last post.


I met with the folks in this family who are members of the congregation today. It was a good visit. We had lots of conversation, lots of laughter. I've apologized directly to those who are most hurt -- not church members -- but still part of the family. I feel as though I have done what I can. I've realized through talking with some of you that part of my guilt is misplaced. Part of it isn't, but I appreciate your wisdom and willingness to speak truth in love.


In other news -- we found out that the insurance company of the woman who hit us back in Sept'06 has agreed to pay us the full limits of her policy coverage. This is huge! And it means that the lawsuit could perhaps be resolved in the next month or two or three. I am praying for it to be resolved sooner rather than later, but y'all know me -- I'm impatient. :) It is very good news, though, and I'm grateful for it, grateful for this day and how things have gone, grateful for all of you out there. Thanks, friends.

5 comments:

-M said...

YEAH! on insurance!!!!! I hope you are doing ok. I love you!!!!!

musicmommy3 said...

Great news!! Yeah God!

Eleanor Joyce said...

April, Congratulations! You have won the life:beautiful magazine giveaway on my blog. please email me at eleanor dot joyce at hotmail dot com with your address.
Thanks,
Eleanor

Jim and Amy Rennie said...

:)

more cows than people said...

oh good, all around.