07 February 2008

The waitress

Today Annalivia came up to my chair with a pad of paper and an orange crayon, apparently to take my order. She asked, "Would you like a sandwich, Mommy?"
"Yes, I would," I said.
"Soccer balls?" (meatballs)
"Yes, please."
"Hedgehogs?" (cheese balls)
"That sounds delicious."
"Tomatoes?"
"No, thank you."
"Jelly? Toast? Meat? Chicken? Eggs? Soup? Pancakes? You want some ice cream? I'm going to make cookies for you."
"Wow, Annalivia."
"And if you go pee-pee and poo-poo right in the toilet you get a sucker, ok?"
"Very thorough, Annalivia. Thank you."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha!!! Oh how funny!

Still snickering at "hedgehogs"!!

Anonymous said...

next thing you know, when the spring thaw comes, she'll be asking dennis to help her change the oil in the old IH.
-jes.