29 July 2006

Joy and pain, sunshine and rain

It is amazing to me that this little creature I nurtured with my body and pushed into this world is able to inspire in me deeper joy than I've ever known and more frustration than I've ever thought possible.
It has become my daily prayer that Annalivia will see Momma responding to the joy more often and more completely than she will ever see me responding to the frustration. And I pray I will seek more and more opportunities to delight in her and allow my failures as a parent to be corrected by my Parent.
Because sometimes parenting is the simplest thing in the world, but, my goodness... sometimes it is awfully darn hard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Preach it, sister. :)

Anonymous said...

AWFULLY darn hard. April, just the fact that you're aware of your daughter's need to see your joy more than your frustration - oh April, it shows the work of Father in you!! Hold fast, it is HIS good work being done in you.
(()) Dawn C