25 March 2008

My little enabler

Annalivia is an overly-caring big sister sometimes.


Her brother has developed an affinity for washable crayons. He gnaws on them. And despite my best efforts to keep them locked away, the last few days, he has emerged from Annalivia's room proudly holding a crayon with little bits of purple or green or red around his mouth and a tongue that is markedly NOT its normal color.


Upon seeing his stained face, Annalivia will disappear into the bathroom and shortly reappear with a sopping-wet washcloth she will use to wipe up his face as he squirms around and she says things like, "Oooooh, dahlink! I must wash your face, dahlink." (a la Miss Lily on Angelina Ballerina)
Today, I wondered aloud to Daniel, "How are you finding these things, Daniel?"


Annalivia answered, "I GAVE it to him!"


I asked her why she did that.


"I wanted to wash his face," she said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.


So helpful.

2 comments:

Jen said...

That is so cute! I have a little "helper" too. I have to reminder her that her little brother is NOT a doll.
Thank you for your comment on my blog.
Yes, God is very creative!

Jen

mid-life rookie said...

Priceless!